“Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.”
Last night, I was prancing and trying to get some sleep when suddenly, I thought about getting old, a reality I am hoping to avoid simply because I’m afraid of it.
At 30, I already dread about getting old. I enjoy so much my life now and can hardly imagine what my life would be when I’m what they refer to as senior citizen (in Marikina though, our oldies coined a new word for oldies — they call themselves active adults).
Oh well, it’s still too early to worry about that now. I just wanted, through this site, to tell my mice (my term of endearment for my mom which is pronounced mays in tagalog) that I love her so much and I’m sorry that I sometimes (or oftentimes) neglect her needs and situation as an almost 70-yr old woman. My mice doesn’t even know how to turn on a PC so I’ll just tell her myself tonight.
Got this in my email today, I think it’s funny, probably because I’m still not into the cited situations. Maybe I’ll read this again after 30 years and see If I would be able to even force a smile.
* Everything hurts; and what doesn’t hurt, doesn’t work.
* The gleam in your eyes is from the sun hitting your bifocals.
* You feel like the morning after and you haven’t been anywhere.
* Your children begin to look middle aged.
* Your mind makes contracts that your body can’t meet.
* You look forward to a dull evening.
* You turn out the lights for economic rather than romantic reasons.
* You sit in a rocking chair and can’t get it going.
* Your knees buckle and your belt won’t.
* You regret all those mistakes you made resisting temptation. *
* Your back goes out more than you do.
* You sink your teeth into a steak and they stay there.
* You have too much room in the house and not enough in the medicine cabinet.
* You know all the answers but nobody asks you the questions.
What about you, what do you fear?
Would you like Marikenya Articles In Your Email? Subscribe Now!
Read More Interesting Articles.
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)