“Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.”
Last night, I was prancing and trying to get some sleep when suddenly, I thought about getting old, a reality I am hoping to avoid simply because I’m afraid of it.
At 30, I already dread about getting old. I enjoy so much my life now and can hardly imagine what my life would be when I’m what they refer to as senior citizen (in Marikina though, our oldies coined a new word for oldies — they call themselves active adults).
Oh well, it’s still too early to worry about that now. I just wanted, through this site, to tell my mice (my term of endearment for my mom which is pronounced mays in tagalog) that I love her so much and I’m sorry that I sometimes (or oftentimes) neglect her needs and situation as an almost 70-yr old woman. My mice doesn’t even know how to turn on a PC so I’ll just tell her myself tonight.
Got this in my email today, I think it’s funny, probably because I’m still not into the cited situations. Maybe I’ll read this again after 30 years and see If I would be able to even force a smile.
* Everything hurts; and what doesn’t hurt, doesn’t work.
* The gleam in your eyes is from the sun hitting your bifocals.
* You feel like the morning after and you haven’t been anywhere.
* Your children begin to look middle aged.
* Your mind makes contracts that your body can’t meet.
* You look forward to a dull evening.
* You turn out the lights for economic rather than romantic reasons.
* You sit in a rocking chair and can’t get it going.
* Your knees buckle and your belt won’t.
* You regret all those mistakes you made resisting temptation. *
* Your back goes out more than you do.
* You sink your teeth into a steak and they stay there.
* You have too much room in the house and not enough in the medicine cabinet.
* You know all the answers but nobody asks you the questions.
What about you, what do you fear?
Would you like Marikenya Articles In Your Email? Subscribe Now!
Read More Interesting Articles.
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Faux Jewelries as The Alternative
- Marikina Tiangge 2013
- ‘Tis the Season…
- November 25 is National Consciousness Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women and Girls
- IEC Stands for Information, Education and Communication
- Selfie is the Word of The Year But Go UnSelfie for Yolanda Victims
- Lessons from the Storm: Typhoon Yolanda 2013
- SM Marikina’s SHREKtacular Christmas
- Marikina Halloween Parade 2013 Route
- Long Weekend Bonding
- Marikina Mega Job Fair 2013
- The “Show” Business
- October 15 2013 is a Philippine Regular Holiday
- Marikina WiFi Ng Bayan Free Internet
- It’s Official, October 28, 2013 is a Philippine Non-Working Holiday
- about marikina (171)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (15)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (57)
- food trip (24)
- general (579)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (23)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (8)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (47)
- self-help (56)
- seo (4)
- shopping (62)
- spa services (2)
- technology (59)
- the Filipina (30)
- training (21)
- travel (61)