Majority of MarikeÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â±os or townpeople of Marikina are catholics so it’s not a wonder why churches in the city are jampacked during Palm Sundays or Domingo de Ramos of every year. Palm Sunday is the beginning of the Holy week in the Philipines where catholics bring palm leaves or palaspas in churches. Priests bless these palaspas with holy water during the mass.
As a devout catholic, I fondly remember my mother always bringing me to Palm Sunday’s masses during my childhood. Picking and buying our palaspas has always been the fun part for me. During that time, my mother would tell me we will bring home our palaspas and will put it in front of our door to ward off evil spirits. I have always believed it and up until now, I don’t see the harm in doing so.
Some of the churches in Marikina I loved going to during Palm Sunday’s Masses are the Our Lady of Abandoned Church in San Roque, the Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church in Concepcion Uno, and the San Isidro Labrador Parish in Nangka. All churches has been part of my childhood and even adulthood memories. Semana santa or holy week would not be complete without going to these churches.
Would you like Marikenya Articles In Your Email? Subscribe Now!
Read More Interesting Articles.
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)