MARIKENYA.com

delight in virtual and real-life shared realities

By

Supermarket Tripping in Marikina

Yesterday was payday and it’s time for grocery shopping. Since I live in Nangka, Marikina, I was happy when I saw the billboard along Lamuan of J.P. Rizal St. announcing the opening of the long-awaited South Supermarket.

South Supermarket actually opened last October 4, we weren’t able to shop then but my sister and her kids went. According to her, Parco, a supermarket in Concepcion, still offers lower prices. Anyway, my husband and I still went yesterday to see and experience the supermarket myself. I don’t know what’s with me but I always get the high doing grocery shopping for my family.

The grocery is quite big and the color is truly Marikina — green and pink. It is located inside the Golden Valley Subdivision near Roosevelt College Marikina. The entrance was manned with only one security who also double as baggage counter guy. The supermarket is quite big and packed. Good enough for buying household groceries. There’s a really big parking lot for customers so no need to worry about parking space. South’s wet section has a good range of meat, fish and poultry products, seemed fresh too. Our budget, though is quite limited so we wasn’t able to splurge but we included our favorite breakfast in our cart — bacon! My husband really love bacon as much as I do but this is a meal we can’t afford every so often. Maybe I should join the bacon of the month club so I’d win their sumptuous bacon packages. Yummy!

Being moms, we always scout for shops/groceries/stores that price the lowest. Here is the list of grocery/supermarkets near Marikina that are budget-friendly at the same time serves as a one-stop-shop where you can buy everything you need, from food to home to school supplies, in one place:

• Parco. Located along Bayan-Bayanan Avenue, Concepcion, Marikina. Parco just expanded so they have a bigger store now which adds ease in shopping. The hitch — cramp parking space.
  • Budget Lane. If you live in Nangka, the budget lane is the nearest biggest supermarket. It is also where sari-sari and mini grocery store owners go to because they sell in bulk offer bulk items at incredibly low prices. I love going to budget lane really but I hate their wet market where food sold are not fresh.
  • Enter your email address:

Read More Interesting Articles.

40 Responses to Supermarket Tripping in Marikina

1. Hi Mhel, this is good news! Thank you so much for sharing.

Surely, we’ll visit this grocery very soon.

Our Daddy’s wife loves to shop at Budget Lane as well in Antipolo.

We’re excited to see this new grocery store!

Have a beautiful Wednesday Mhel!

Bon and Jeff Galicias last blog post..how i wish

2. mhel says:

hi bon!

i think the one in antipolo is cherry fooderama, i’ve heard mura nga don.

try parco first, mas mura tlaga sila. thanks for the visit again sis! :)

mhels last blog post..Defining the Word “Bloggista”

3. Juanel says:

gosh, i live nearby and did not notice that South Supermarket is open na pala. i have to go all the way to Riverbanks to do my grocery. Also about Parco, dati pangit sya but yeah i passed by it, it seemed ok na..

4. Joanna Javellana says:

Hi Mhel,

I have tried shopping in Parco but I find it so magulo. Customer Service was bad and their shelves were dirty, no one was helping me to find what I need.

I have shifted to Grocer E Supermart along E. Santos St. They just re-opened their store and renovated it. Ganda ng store, SUPER FRIENDLY pa ng tao. Mas mababa ang price kay PARCO. They also offered me their super E-Card. May rebate ng 1% rebate. So, I have saved almost P100 from my purchases.

try nyo rin.

5. Joanna Javellana says:

HI Mhel,

regarding pricing of Grocer E Supermart, they are cheaper than Parco. Almost all items.

Please check it out.

More POwer to you!!!

Joanna Javellana
      CM Recto Parang Marikina

6. mhel says:

thanks for the info joanna. :) i’ve been to grocer-e a lot of time already, to both bayan and concepcion branches. i find their prices on certain products quite high compared to the ones i mentioned that why i wasn’t recommending it. maybe with your recommend, i would try shopping there again and see if they’re offering better prices now. :)

7. joanna javellana says:

dear mhel,

Yes, please try the one in Concepcion. i have noticed they have dropped their prices dratsically. Better store now and allot cheaper than Paro or even Cherry Fooderama. I spoke with their Manager this morning and congratulated them for a job well done. According to the Manager there will be more exciting promos and benefits for their customers in the near future.

More power to you. You are doing a good job! Keep it up!!!

Joanna

8. Joanna Javellana says:

Mhel,

I meant PARCO in my previous BLOG.

Kudos to you!!!Great ideas!!!

Joanna

9. MERS says:

WHY DONT YOU TRY INSIDE MARIKINA PUBLIC MARKET IN STA ELENA! GRABE MURA TALAGA! HINDI LANG AIRCON! PERO ALMOST 30% ANG DIFFERENCE SA TO ALL GROCERY YOU MENTIONED!

10. mhel says:

Joanna,

“I would like to congratulate you for a very nice site. You are indeed helping me and other Marikenyan to find good bargains.”

Thanks for this!

Mers,

Of course suki din ako ng public market! :)

11. Joanna Javellana says:

Dear Mehrs,

Good feedback on the topic regarding Sta. Elena market. Yes, i believe that the prices there are allot cheaper than Concepcion Market. There are several wholesalers there that sells at a very low prices. Infact that is where I buy my fruits, meat and chicken. Very Clean Market!!!

Happy Holidays to all Marikenyans!!!

Joanna

12. Albert de Castro says:

Dear Ma’am Mhel,

Ako po ay ang Store Manager sa Grocer E Supermart – Concepcion. May nakapag sabi po sa akin na meron daw pong website ang mga taong naninirahan sa Marikina.

Ma’am Mhel, napaka ganda ng inyong site sapagkat kayo ay nagbibigay ng importanteng impormasyon sa mahal naming mga taga Marikina.

Gusto ko po magpasalamat sa inyo at sa lahat po na tumatangkilik sa GROCER E Supermart. Kami po ay handang manilbihan at magbigay serbisyo sa lahat ng inyong pangangailangan.

Ma’am, sana po maefeature din po ninyo kami upang mapakita po namin ang aming bagong tindahan at mga produkto na pinababa at ROLLBACK ang presyo. Kami po din ay nagbibigay ng 1% rebate sa lahat ng inyong pinamili sa pamamagitan ng aming SUPER E CARD LOYALTY PROGRAM. Ito ay malaking tulong sa lahat ng mga Marikenya.

Congrats po sa napakagandang site. Malaking tulong po kayo sa mga Mariknya!!!

Maligayang Pasko sa inyo lahat!!!

Albert De Castro

13. Irene Ortega says:

Para po kay Ma’am joanna, salamat po sa inyong kritisismo. Sisikapin po naming tugunan ang inyong mga hinaing. Misyon po ng Parco ang pagsilbihan ng mahusay at makatulong sa bawat Marikenya. Kung meron po kayong naranasang hindi kanais-nais, wag po kayong magatubiling lumapit sa aming Customer Service para maasikaso ang anumang pangangailangan nyo. Buong puso po kaming nagpapasalamat sa malugod na pagtanggap nyo sa Parco Supermarket.

Sa darating po na linggo, tatlong taon na po tayong magakakasama. Makisalo kyo sa aming celebration mula December 8-14.

At para naman po kay Ma’am Mhel, salamat po sa pagbanggit sa Parco Supermarket. Sana po makita po namin kayo sa tindahan namin at baka po pwede tayong makapagusap o makapagkwentuhan. Kung meron pa kayong ibang comments o suggestions, andun lang po ako sa tindahan.

Muli, maraming salamat po at God Bless..

Taos pusong nagpapasalamat at umaasa sa inyong patuloy na pagtangkilik,

Irene Ortega
      Store Manager
      Parco Supermarket

14. Joanna Javellana says:

Ms. Irene Ortega,

Hindi na siguro ako babalik sa Parco Supermarket. Bakit pa ako babalik sa inyo eh ang susungit ng kahera ninyo. Mabuti ang trato sa akin ng taga Grocer E Supermart at mas mura ang pa sa Grocer E Supermart. Kahit sa South Supermarket ang gagalang ng mga tao. Sa inyo ang susungit lalo na yung isang supervisor ninyo.

Sorry pero Solid Grocer E Supermart na ako. Hindi lang naman ang presyo kaya namimili ang isang customer sa isang tindahan. Matuto kayong trumato tao ng tama kahit mayamn man o mahirap. Kasi pag ang naka shorts ka lang hindi nyo inaasikaso. Pag mayaman para kayong asong ulol na nagkakadarapang asikasuhin. Bakit pareho lang naman ang pera ko sa pera ng maka mercedes benz.

Siguro hindi tama ang pasweldo sa empleyado ng inyong amo kaya masungit ang mga tao ninyo.

Joanna Javella
      CM Recto
      Parang Marikina

15. Carla Papa says:

OO nga, naka experience na ako na mamili sa inyo. Tama si Mam Joana….

May sarisari store ako ngunit sa ibang tindahan na ako bimibili ng aking binibenta sa aking tindahan kasi walang kwenta ang serbisyo nyo!!!!

Sa South Supermarket kahit mahal napaka ganda ng serbisyo nila.

Mababa nga ang presyo nyo ngunit hindi naman lang kayo ang mababa ang presyo. Sa BudgetLane at sa Grocer E mura din ang bilihin.

Pasensya na kasi dito ko lang mapaparating ang aking sama ng loob sa inyo. Marami ng Kustomer ninyo ang lumipat sa ibat ibang tindahan kasi hindi lang sa inyo ang mura. Maraming tindahan na mura din ang presyo. Sa bayan mas mura ang bilihin. Katulad ng Shenanvi mas maraming items na pang tindahan.

Carla

16. eurhyie andrei says:

dear ms. Jonna and carla
      i dont think so na ganyan sila sa mga customer nila, kc isa aq sa mga witness o magpatunay na how they really nice to there customer’s….
      sana lang po wag tayo manira ng iba or make something na makakasira ng iba..
      aq namimili rin sa grocer e,tama ka there nice,
      pero kaya b nilang gawin ang ginagawa ng taga parco?..na experienced ng family q yon good treament nila sa customer, napaka soft spoken nila nd lahat sila ay very friendly….
      sana matapos na yon mga bad comments nio…
      pareho lang kayong dalawa na maganda and siguro may mga sarili naman isip yon mga customer kung ano talaga ang totoo…..good lugk sa dalawa
      go parco and grocer e…..

yuri….

17. Dee says:

Hi. Saw your site while looking for Budgetlane. Thanks for the info. I was about to go there but since their wet market is not fresh, I’m reconsidering my earlier plan.

Dees last blog post..Free Blogger Template Sites

18. mhel says:

Hi Dee! I would recommend Puregold’s wet section. :)

mhels last blog post..Still on Christmas’ Spirit of Gift Giving

19. Owen B. Oliveros says:

Hi, upon reding all the comments here, i want to justify if the comments is really true specially Parco supermarket. My sister is living along Blumentritt road of Sampaloc but she used to buy grocery items at Parco because the price is good compared to others and besides the selling is good enough for the buyers. hindi po masikip and maliban dun magaling mag assist ang mga taga Parco. They also open for all items with promo i mean they offer their items with promo for the month….. Its so great ! Good job guys. Good luck !

20. Owen B. Oliveros says:

Hi, upon reading all the comments here, i want to justify if the comments are really true specially Parco Supermarket. My sister is living along Blumentritt road at Sampaloc, Manila but she used to buy grocery items at Parco because the price is good compared to others and besides the selling area is quite good with enough space for the buyers. hindi po masikip and maliban dun magaling mag assist ang mga taga Parco. They also open for all items with promo i mean they offer their items with promo for the month….. Its so great ! Good job guys. Good luck !

21. Owen B. Oliveros says:

My brother is also living near Riverbanks at marikina pero still parco pa rin sya nag grocery. maybe its a choice of the whole family but to clear with this statement hindi po kami nag grocery sa supermarket na ito we back 3 years ago . nagkataon lang yung ate namin nag email na maganda pala ang grocery na to kaya yun…. Try nyo nalang and you’ll find the difference … PROMISE

Owen B. Oliveros
      Sto Niño, Marikina

22. jean says:

Irene Ortega :
      Muli, maraming salamat po at God Bless..
      Taos pusong nagpapasalamat at umaasa sa inyong patuloy na pagtangkilik,
      Irene Ortega
      Store Manager
      Parco Supermarket

mabait naman po yung may-ari ng parco. comment lang po sa manager… hindi po kasi maka-tao yung trato niyo sa mga kahera at bagger. Nananakit kayo, namamahiya at naninigaw. hinampas niyo nga po yung kamay ng kahera sa harapan ko. bilang customer at dating kahera nakakagulat iyon.

23. jean says:

24. jean says:

Sana po Ms. Irene Ortega at kahit si Ma’am Ariane Lazaro sana kahit kayo po ang nakakataas, matuto din po kayo galangin ang mga tauhan niyo para umani rin kayo ng respeto. Salamat po.

25. mhel says:

thanks for the feedbacks owen and jean.

26. mar says:

since nag open yung parco way back 2007 i guess, dun na talaga kami namimili and one thing ms mhel i found the manager very tactful and arogant dun sa mga maliliit na customer and even sa mga employee nya. In this present year nagkaroon sila nung seminar para sa mga may tindahan and those 2 lovely ladies talagang totally convincing yung sinasabi nila kaya napapayag nila ako to join dun sa seminar. When i’m at the meeting place which is sa parco i saw again the manager and this time TAMA BA NAMANG SINAMPAL NYA NG CELLPHONE SI MS. DEVY!!!??? in all fairness dun sa bata naka smile parin sya if i we’re devy i will resign she dont deserve to be treated that way. I dont know the reason behind pero hindi tama yung ganun. Minsan nga iniisip ko MAY HR ba ang parco?

27. conie says:

thanks Ms. Mhel

28. gemma says:

that’s true siguro wla tlgng aral yung manager… kawawa ang mga employee ng parco kay Ms. IRENEA ORTEGA..

29. Eisa Rufino says:

Hi good morning to all members, in behalf of our company we would like to offer barcode scanners and mobile computers for those supermarkets to increase check out productivity. We have different features of the barcode scanners. For other information you may email or call at (02) 7212049 loc 407

30. Pingback: fitness health

31. I am not sure where you are getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this info for my mission.

32. Supermarket Tripping in Marikina | marikenya.com I was suggested this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my problem. You are incredible! Thanks! your article about Supermarket Tripping in Marikina | marikenya.comBest Regards Nick

33. Supermarket Tripping in Marikina | marikenya.com I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty. You’re amazing! Thanks! your article about Supermarket Tripping in Marikina | marikenya.com Best Regards Lawrence Yoder

34. Pingback: Local web pro

35. Pingback: france metal

36. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of Supermarket Tripping in Marikina | marikenya.com . Thanks for the post. I will definitely comeback.

37. Pingback: charles myrick