For two straight weeks, employees from the Philippines enjoy long weekends. This Monday, it was because of the Barangay and SK Election 2010. This Monday, it would be due to the commemoration of a Catholic holiday, Todos los Santos or All Saints’ Day. Malacanang Palace announced early this week that November 2, Araw ng mga Patay or All Souls Day, is not a holiday.
Students have a longer vacation time as many schools suspended their classes since the start of the week and will resume either on the first or second week of November. My son is having a ball about this. He loves sleeping late at night and ecstatic that he need not wake up early to go to school.
I, on the other hand, is wishing that I would be able to finish all my household chores early so I can visit my son and father’s tomb, and spend some time relaxing after. The past week was such a busy one for me so I am hoping to spend longer sleeping hours than my usual 4- to 6-hour sleep I’ve been getting these days.
After watching tonight’s Halloween parade with my family, I’d be hitting the mall to check out some new designs of mosaic tiles for the kitchen. Been spending long hours just cleaning out the kitchen but it still look so plain and quite filthy. It needs a splash of color I think so will check out the mall price for the tiles and decides if the family budget for this year can accommodate it. Let’s hope so!
--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)