Among my favorite online shopping hangouts these days are group buying sites which offer discounts of up to 90% off from merchants and companies offering products and services within the Philippines. Group buying sites are able to pull down the prices of products and services of these merchants through the power of collective bargaining or group buying. The idea is the same with wholesale or bulk buying except that you don’t need to buy a lot of slots, vouchers or coupons alone. If you don’t need them, other registrants of the site will do and you’ll all get the bargain deal. Sweet!
The group buying mode is truly a sweet deal for both the consumers (like myself!) and the merchants as they are able to promote their services and products to the online shopping public which are growing in numbers daily. A merchant, if the deal is truly good, is able to sell hundreds of product or service vouchers in a few hours. This is not a regular occurrence even if a merchant holds an outlet/store sale or promo.
I was only introduced to this mode of online shopping a couple of months ago but mind you, I have already availed of different services with at least 50% their total prices– spa and massage treatments, hotel bookings in Baguio and Cebu, restaurant buffets, deluxe pedicure and foot spa, among other things. It really got me hooked so I have subscribed to every group buying sites in the Philippines and is continuously scouting for bargain deals and promos close to home and everywhere else I can travel to in the next months.
Another good thing about these deals from collective or group buying websites is that most of the time, the duration for the vouchers to avail the products and services is between three (3) to six (6) months so you have plenty of time to slack around and just avail the service when you feel like it or need it. For instance, some of the vouchers I recently bought are reserved for our family trip to Cebu City in a few months. I availed of the hotel booking so I can take advantage of their amazing 56% off the regular price. So now, I am just so excited for that travel and not worrying anymore about our hotel accommodation. Another set of spa vouchers are resting comfortably inside my drawer waiting for my 2011 birthday, I got them at just Php100 each for an hour of massage and relaxation! Perfect birthday treat right?
Sounds interesting? It certainly does! Begin hunting for the best deals, promos, and sales in town now. See the list of the top group buying sites in the Philippines below, click the link, register with the site, and start enjoying life!
- Buyanihan.com. They claim to be the first discount deals e-commerce website in the Philippines and this is where I availed my Cebu Hotel booking. The site has a lot of payment options for everyone — debit card, credit card, PayPal, over-the-counter Bank payment, online banking, walk-in payment, etc. I can’t just figure out why my Eon card won’t get through with their payment system so I resorted to over-the-counter bank payment and their system easily validated my transaction. No hassle at all. Refer a friend and you get points for doing so which I believe is convertible to discounts when availing vouchers with the site.
- Ensogo.com. The first site which introduced me to group buying. I have already availed different services and products with them including a hotel booking and spa vouchers from different merchants. Refer a friend and you get Php200 off your next voucher purchase. Their customer service is fairly helpful. Because of the popularity of some of their deals such as the Php100 spa massage, sometimes, reservation for availing of services is having difficulty but I am happy they responded to the issue pretty well. If you hurry up, you’ll get to avail their top 10 deals for 2010 which include slimming treatment, spa and massage therapy, facial and diamond peel treatments, Chinese and Italian restaurants treats, and many more. Unlike other sites which require specific number of people to purchase the deal before it becomes “live” or available, even if just one (1) availed, the deal is already on.
- CashCashPinoy. Those from Manila and Makati area would love this site as most of their deals location are within said places. I still have not availed from this site because I prefer merchants’ location to be somewhere close to Marikina so the transportation cost would be cheaper. I find this site quite popular though. They also have a referral program, a hundred pesos less your purchases for every friend you refer who availed of CashCashPinoy’s deals.
- LocalRoam. I love the look and feel of this site which mostly offers deals on food and health wellness. You only need to check out the site once every week for new offerings. LocalRoam also accepts payments using credit card, from PayPal, GCash and over-the-counter payments with their affiliated banks. Refer a friend and you’ll get Php100 reward money for use during your next purchase.
- Beeconomic. The site is a member of the Groupon group. Note the number of people needed to purchase the deal before it becomes live. Most, if not all, this site’s participating merchants are from Makati and Manila area. There’s a little variety of products and services you can get from this site judging from their past deals which include pole dancing classes, tattoo service, diamond peel treatment and restaurant discounts.
- Twangoo. This site, like the others, is international and has counterparts in other countries in Asia such as Singapore and Macau. They also offer the biggest reward for referral which is Php280 for every friend who registered and made their first purchase with the site.
- Couppie. The site is currently offering Bohol tour and resort accommodation package which is really interesting for those who are planning to visit the place this summer. Payment options are quite limited to PayPal, over-the-counter bank payments, GCash and SmartMoney only. The site does not have a referral program.
- DealGrocer. This site is on the posh side offering deals from classy establishments, restaurants, and hotels. The price range of course is higher too than those offered in other group buying sites but if you love living the stylish life and wishing to be alerted on promos from Bellaroca Island Resort, Discovery Suites, Fitness First, Sugarhouse and other merchants, be sure you subscribe.
- MetroDeal. I just registered with the site. the site gives out Php200 for every successful referral. Most deals they offer are relative to food, beauty, health and wellness. Merchants they advertise are usually from Makati and Manila area.
Have you tried any of the group buying sites in the list? What’s your experience with them? Are there other trusted group buying sites in the Philippines you know of? Share your thoughts with us through the feedback form below or by sending a message via the contact form.
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!