Yesterday is a very special day. It’s my husband’s birthday. My husband whom I entrusted my heart, my family, and my life with. The man who is now my other half. Without him, the puzzle will not be complete.
Our small family’s birthday celebration for him is simple but meaningful, just as we hope it would be. He was actually sick yesterday — stricken with high fever — but still managed to fetch me from work, buy our little feast and eat together at home while watching our favorite reality talent search, American Idol.
At nine in the evening, while he was preparing for work (his shift starts at ten), I brought out my gift with a special handmade card our son made. The surprise is a special polo shirt I think he’d like the color. I know he’d want a hair loss treatment better but since I don’t know yet an effective brand, the shirt would do for the meantime. I’d reserve the treatment for our anniversary in a few months.
Needless to say, he was very happy with our little surprise which seem to uplift him from his sickness. Looking at him and his simplicity, I can’t help but thank God for giving me what I can handle well. Out of the simplicity is a wonderful, peaceful life brought by this man, my husband.
Happy birthday honey!
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)