At this time, all I can think about is summer trips and long vacations. It’s so hard to focus on other things when you are so excited about an expected travel. The good thing about deciding on a travel long before it’s scheduled date (just as we did), is that you’ll be able to plan the trip ahead and therefore, avoid or reduce the risk potentialities of running into any travel emergency or problem.To guarantee an enjoyable and hassle-free vacation with your family and friends, plan ahead. Consider these tips:
- Deciding on a budget. For many Filipinos, the financial requirement of a trip weighs more than all other considerations. Why not? Even if you wanted to travel around the world or the Philippines, if you do not have money, it’s simply impossible. When you decide on a budget, include everything that entail cost — accommodation, food, entrance fees, sea/air/land fares, and other costs. When you do costing, be lavish in your estimates as costs usually balloon during the actual travel and it’s better to have extra cash on hand than experience shortage.
- Choosing the location. With the budget already established, you many now list down places you and your group would want to go this time. Consider the weather or climate in the selected locations at the time of travel. Narrow down the list until you’ve found the perfect vacation place.
- Start thinking about potential activities to do and indulge in. Once the location is selected, do more researches on the chosen place to know what kind of activities you and your group may enjoy and be part of. In a beach resort for instance, is swimming just the only option? What about beach sports so you can bring in beach balls in advance? Extreme and water sports activities are in these days so try looking for some near the vacation place to make your trip an extra memorable one!
- Arrange for the transportation and accommodation early. With your travel dates planned early and cash ready, you can save on ticket and hotel prices. This is especially applicable if you are traveling by plane, airfare is much cheaper when you book it early. You can also avail of promos in hotels or haggle prices with pension houses or small inns for accommodations if you book early.
- Travel light and save on space. For those traveling with airlines, check the policies on baggage allowance so you can confidently pack according to the limit and not worry about additional payment for excess baggage. It’s always safe to travel lightly so plan your wardrobe and bring only necessities so you can move comfortably. At the same time, you ave to save on packing space if you wanted to bring home shopping goods or souvenirs.
- Keep special documents/IDs in safe and accessible pouch/bag. It’s important that the IDs and documents you will need every now and then are kept securely and conveniently where you can immediately access them. These include tickets of fares, booking confirmation mails, passports, visa, and others.
Travel safely everyone!
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)