For married couples, among the most important dates to remember and celebrate are wedding anniversaries. It’s importance is probably next to Christmas and birthdays but the form of celebration is more intimate, usually a romantic dinner or escapade between the couple or at times, together with their child(ren).
Why so sudden I’m talking about anniversaries and dates? Uhm… In a few weeks, we’ll be celebrating ours. The reality of being a devoted wife and mother of eight years is still overwhelming. I was a non-conformist and it was a long process before I was convinced to actually get married. Looking back, I’d say that there are actually good things that came out of that decision, on top of them is our son’s family values.
Indeed, our wedding anniversary must be celebrated not only for Us (my husband and I) but more for our whole family. Marriage may be a hit and miss thing, there are instances where I and hubby make mistakes and perform badly in challenges. Still, we choose to stick together and remain valuing our love and our family. It’s our stand, it’s our choice.
To make this anniversary a little special, I’ll reverse the custom and have a bouquet of flowers delivered with chocolates to my dearly beloved. And because we’re both massage addicts, a relaxing trip to the spa should culminate the anniversary date perfectly. I’m excited already.
To couples like us who are celebrating their love dates this May, happy anniversary!
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!
--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)