Summer time is “tuli” time for young males in the Philippines. The city government of Marikina, through the Office of the Vice Mayor and the City Health Office, is holding a one-day “Free Tuli” at the Marikina Sports Park (MSP) on Saturday, May 7, 2011, from 7AM to 5PM. Applicants should be brought to nearest Barangay Health Center for registration and screening.
The appropriate term for tuli is male circumcision, a surgical procedure that removes some or all of the foreskin (prepuce) from the penis which is done, as they say, for hygienic or health purposes. In the Philippine setting, many still look at circumcision as a ritual that brings a male child to manhood.
There are arguments that the procedure is barbaric but still, majority of Filipino children undergo circumcision with or without their consent as parents usually enforce the rule of being circumcised as a must. Any thoughts about this?
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
- Free Training Courses for Marikina Residents
thru the Center for Excellence
- Free Training on 2D Animation for Marikina Residents
- 2008 Free Training Courses for Marikina Residents thru the Center for Excellence
- Job Opportunity for Marikina Residents at SM Marikina
- Marikina Jobs Fair this November, Open Even to Non-Marikina Residents!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)