During the long summer break, I’ve realized as a parent that kids like my 8 year-old do no really wanted to take the vacation for relaxing and resting. He’s very restless looking for activities he can engaged in on a daily basis. Three weeks after school ended, we decided to look for summer activities he can get involved in productively.
Our initial choice for him is to enroll in sports activities or sport clinics provided for free by the Marikina Sports Park (MSP) to children. I like particularly that the venue for the activities is the MSP which is a secured area. He usually tag along with us whenever hubby and I jog at the MSP, he stays at the playground and make friends with other kids while we try to burn fats.
In the end, we were not able to enroll our son in sports activities but fortunately, I’ve learned of the free computer classes provided by the Marikina City Library and enlisted him immediately. My son, on the other hand, whose among his strengths (I’ve always adored) is being resourceful, managed to register himself with a Christian group who holds bible study classes. His bible class in the morning and computer class in the afternoon takes care of his daily need to be productive and busy.
What’s cute is at the end of his every day, he would show and relate to us what he’s learned from his summer classes. The other night, I was surprised he already knows how to create a PowerPoint presentation with animation. I’m impressed! I ought to congratulate his teacher for doing a good job.
For many parents, summer is also the time for them to take a breather and actually enjoy going home from work without being bothered with school assignments and projects. For some parents like me who wants continuous learning for their children even during school vacation though, it would be god to scout for free or low-cost summer activities your child can engage in within the community.
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- ‘Tis the Season…
- November 25 is National Consciousness Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women and Girls
- IEC Stands for Information, Education and Communication
- Selfie is the Word of The Year But Go UnSelfie for Yolanda Victims
- Lessons from the Storm: Typhoon Yolanda 2013
- SM Marikina’s SHREKtacular Christmas
- Marikina Halloween Parade 2013 Route
- Long Weekend Bonding
- Marikina Mega Job Fair 2013
- The “Show” Business
- October 15 2013 is a Philippine Regular Holiday
- Marikina WiFi Ng Bayan Free Internet
- It’s Official, October 28, 2013 is a Philippine Non-Working Holiday
- Marikina Shoe Festival 2013 ‘Sapatos Central’ Sale
- DIY Everything
- about marikina (170)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (15)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (57)
- food trip (24)
- general (577)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (23)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (8)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (47)
- self-help (56)
- seo (4)
- shopping (62)
- spa services (2)
- technology (59)
- the Filipina (30)
- training (21)
- travel (61)