Electronic commerce, commonly known as e-commerce (or eCommerce or e-comm), has flourished in large proportion since the ’70s. E-commerce is the business of buying and selling of products and services using electronic systems such as internet. It also describe the processes involved in merchandising and purchasing online such as product development and marketing, service and product delivery and payment.
More and more businesses now, whether small or large scale, are embracing eCommerce in marketing, selling of goods, or simply in establishing online presence. For this reason, IT-related careers and jobs have sprouted and new words such as search engine optimization, internet marketing, and content writing were created and became widely used.
Since the widespread of internet, millions of users all over the world have patronized e-commerce, either by being merchandisers or simply to buy products and services. Consumers favor the convenience of buying online as it saves them time and is cost effective. Online merchants too often give out promotional offers to boost sales. For instance, a Canada day sale is ongoing in some online boutiques such as thesource.ca where you can buy products as appliance and electronic products.
Have you tried buying or selling online? Share your experience(s) with us!
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)