Another storm is visiting our country. This time, it’s typhoon ”Mina” which, lucky for us, is not (seemingly) ferocious. One can’t be complacent though, especially in terms of disaster preparedness, which in Marikina, means being prepared for floodings and earthquakes.
In other countries, people construct underground storm shelter and the like to protect the occupants from violent severe weather such as tornadoes and hurricanes. In low-lying communities and areas near the river such as Marikina, flooding is a general concern during rainy season such now. Those who live in communities that went under the flood during typhoon Ondoy have opted to upgrade their abodes to at least two-storey up to four-story high.
Another measure, which is fast becoming a common practice for Marikenans, is keeping and maintaining a flood/emergency/disaster kit. The kit contains nonperishable food (such as canned meat, vegetables, fruit, and beverages), basic medicinal supplies, flashlight/candle, battery-operated radio, pocket knife, among others. Some residents even bought life vests, inflatable materials and small boats.
More than all of these acts of preparation, we should not forget the power of prayer. God bless us always.
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)