Looking for a scary Halloween weekend event? Join or simply watch the annual Halloween Costume Contest and Parade this coming Friday, October 28 at the Marikina Freedom Park (fronting the city hall) of Marikina City. The event is organized under the Horror Week program of the city government of Marikina which started yesterday, October 24, to 30.
The good news is the contest and parade may be participated by non-Marikina residents. The event’s theme is “Gabi ng Katakut-takot na Katatakutan – Ikalawang Yugto” where there are several categories for the Halloween contest for individuals and groups, both for adults and children, and even for dogs.
Below are the details for the contest:
KIDS AND DOGS CATEGORY (with Trick or Treat)
- Assembly and registration is at the Freedom Park at 1:00PM
- Themes: futuristic /alien/fantasy
- Prizes: For Kids Category (with trick or treat) — 1st prize, PHP3,000; 2nd prize, PHP2,000; and 3rd prize, PHP1,000. For Dogs Category — 1st prize, PHP5,000; 2nd prize, PHP3,000; and 3rd prize, PHP2,000.
- Assembly and registration is at the Freedom Park at 3:00PM
- Theme: scary/supernatural for adults and bloody/gory for groups
- Prizes: For Adults Category — 1st prize, PHP7,000; 2nd prize, PHP5,000; and 3rd prize, PHP3,000. Groups Category — 1st prize, PHP20,000; 2nd prize, PHP15,000; and 3rd prize, PHP10,000.
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!