Feeling more and more the effects of global warming, environmental practices is becoming a daily news and topic of discussions. Environmental and green movements are everywhere encouraging people to help in the protection and conservation of our environmental and natural resources in every possible way we can, no matter how small the act may be.
There are so many ways to help in greening our planet and conserving natural resources such as water, especially in the household level. One practice is keeping a rain barrel or above ground water storage vessel. This practice is already among the Best Management Practices or BMP which is also referred to as “rainwater harvesting.” There are different sizes of rain barrels, for instance, the 55 gallon rain barrel for bigger houses, which purpose is to capture rain runoff from the roof through the gutter and downspout system.
The rain stored in the barrel may be used for a lot of purposes such as watering plants and soil to increase groundwater recharge and cleaning automobiles and other household stuff. Through regular practice of this system, you will save a good amount of tap water which will both help you save money from the water bill and help in the conservation of water resource.
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)