If you were trying to access this blog, Marikenya.com, yesterday, you were warned against entering it because of a “Malware” infection. The good news is, Marikenya.com is now in clean bill of health and very safe to browse again as yours truly have done all possible measures to contain the malware attack and clean the site. Google reviewed the site and lifted the virus warning.
It is for this reason that you are seeing a new look for the site. I took advantage of the fiasco positively and used it as an opportunity to execute my long-standing plan for a blog makeover. Still remember this one?
So, this blog is now using the “Twenty Eleven” wordpress theme until I rake money to finally purchase a premium wordpress theme to ward off future attacks. The blog title was also redeveloped — from “Proud Marikenya.com” to “The Travelog.” Why travelog?
In more than three (3) years of this blog’s existence, it has seek to find it’s own niche in the blogging community. It started as a personal journal, containing mostly my murmurs and personal insights. As I bloom as a mother, a wife, and a professional, and so is this blog. It adopted many categories the blogger were interested in such as traveling, education, parenting, business, shopping, health and fitness, and so on and so forth.
As the blog reached it’s third year, I have decided, Marikenya.com’s general theme and niche would be “traveling” which is not limited to providing tips and guides in traveling places alone. It would also, more importantly, allow myself, this blog’s readers, and contributors, to share traveling experiences and insights not only of places, but of people, of cultures and norms, and of values and everything of importance to life and living.
And for this reason, marikenya.com is now “The Travelog” containing logs of Marikenya’s travels, experiences and secret indulgence (now ready to share to the world).
The Travelog symbolizes the blogger’s willingness to embrace changes and turn threats and issues into opportunities. I thank God for giving me overflowing wisdom and patience yesterday to learn codes and technical tutorials I would otherwise dismiss if not for the malware attack. I thank God for the immediate decision of Google to lift the warning and allow this blog’s readers to visit the site again.
I also would like to thank the following scrapbooking sites and scrapbookers
- Marie Stones of freedigitalscrapbooking.com (for the flyboy and this-and-that alpha embellishments)
- Shabby Princess of shabbyprincess.com (for the paper designs from plentiful and promise collections)
- PhotoFunia.com for the stamped effect for my photo
In my next articles, I would discuss the steps I undertook in detecting and cleaning the malware and requesting Google for the review.
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)