These past weeks, Pinoys are experiencing almost unbearable heat not only during the day but even during nighttime. Last night was extremely hot and I found myself sweating in my sleep. I woke up at three in the morning because of the heat and had trouble sleeping back again.
During this season, it is important as ever to be in a healthy state to lessen the risk of hot weather illnesses such as heat stroke, heat exhaustion, heat rash and dehydration.
According to an article by Elizabeth Quinn of About.com (reference: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), we need sweating to regulate our body temperature but there are factors that may limit the sweat response. These are intense exercise in high temperatures or high humidity, age, obesity, fever, dehydration, illness, medications and alcohol.
Since it’s summer, I personally would like to take advantage of having some free time to exercise but it is not advisable to indulge much in it because of the heat. Maybe taking healthy and safe diet pills such as apidextra would be helpful in weight loss or in controlling weight increase.
Quinn also provided safety precautions to avoid heat-related illnesses:
- Drinking of the right amount of the “right fluids” such as water and juices made of natural ingredients
- Replacing of lost electrolytes from profuse sweating by taking salty foods or drinking sports drinks
- Wearing of appropriate clothing like lightweight and loose-fitting clothes and accessories such as eyeglasses with UV protection and hats
- Applying of sunscreen and sun-protection products on your skin
- Avoidance of hot food, alcohol and heavy food that increase body temperature
Stay safe and healthy!
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)