Filipinos all over the world are rejoicing today for Jessica Sanchez, the first Pinay who made to American Idol’s Top Two (2).
Jessica’s powerful vocals has impressed the world and at 16, she sang her way to the finals, a rare opportunity for Americans of mixed descent (being a part-Filipina and part-American). She was almost eliminated a few weeks ago but saved by the judges who can’t afford to let her go. Fearing Jessica would lose her chance on winning because of her being a half-American, Pinoys and her fans from other nationalities wedged a campaign for Jessica which resulted to her getting high votes in the last episodes.
Vying for the top two spots, she competed with soul singer Joshua Ledet and crowd-favorite Philip Phillips. Her fans (including me!) were worried about the turnout of the votes for the top three as Jessica’s voice faltered somehow during her song numbers because of he sore throat. Twitter and Facebook were flooded with messages of support and prayers for Jessica.
Thankfully, Jessica made it! It’s sad though that Joshua was eliminated after receiving the least number of votes. Hopefully, Steve Tyler (AI’s judge and Aerosmith’s lead singer) would be right since he told Jessica: ““You’ll be the last one standing here. I believe that.” Let’s all pray for that and support our fellow Filipino.
Mabuhay ka Jessica!
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)