As a mother, one of my greatest weaknesses is worrying too much. As much as possible, I wanted to spend all of my time with my family. The problem is, I am also a career woman and a lifelong learner so I value my work(s) and my education so much. To every activity, such as working and schooling, you have to devote time and effort and these take away quality moments I wanted to and should spend with my family.
What adds to worry too is the kind of job that I do. As a trainer, I am usually sent out of town to conduct or attend trainings which usually take more than two days. Like this month, I am duty bound to attend a five-day long seminar out of town which poses some issues for me. One, I have to leave my schooling (goodbye my goal of getting a 1.0 grade) and my teaching jobs after office hours. Second, I will leave my little boy for five (5) days and four nights (4). This is even more serious for me because I takes care of my little boy every morning before he goes to school, takes care of his needs before he goes to bed, and sleep with him during nighttime — our only bonding time together since I work until 9:00 in the evening on weekdays.
He is actually sad that I am again going out of town without him and is wishing it would not ensue. It won’t happen though so I am sad for him too. The least that I can do is to get a qualified life insurance so if anything happens to me while I’m away, my family will be protected financially.
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)