Not only once we experienced flooding in our residence in Marikina. We live close to a river and our place is considered a low-lying area. For this reason, when the river overflows and reach a certain water level, the flooding gets inside our house and drench everything inside it with muddy floodwater.
It’s hard to set aside and forget the trauma I and our whole family acquired from such flooding. If only it’s easy for me to purchase a real estate somewhere in the city located in the highlands or (dreamily) a real estate oak island nc in the States, I’d be able to sleep well and not worry about flooding whenever there’s a typhoon or incessant raining. I hope I was able to invest in real estate when I was younger. I hope I heed the advice of an expert that young people should get a housing loan while they’re young and earning good as the market value of the investment goes up while the value of the amortization goes down.
With global warming, what’s thought of as “phenomenal” becomes “normal” such as great flooding. Governments and NGOs are trying to save the environment but in truth, we can only slow down the process of global warming, not stop it. Still, we should learn from our mistakes and do our share.
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)