For those who follow this blog, you have probably noticed that I was in hiatus for a week. Last week was challenging for me and my family as another worst-case flooding hit Marikina. Same with typhoon Ondoy in 2009, the muddy floodwater came inside our house.
Our family decided to evacuate and stay with good friends for a few days up until the flood water subsides. I consider our family truly lucky as we have an option of staying with friends where we will be more comfortable instead of staying at the evacuation center. I’m so thankful that we were provided such accommodation, I only wished we brought our memory foam topper since after a few nights of sleeping on the floor with just a slim blanket, my back was already aching from sore. We really feel lucky that despite the ruined furniture and sore body from repeated cleaning, we are all safe and ready to bounce back from the experience. We’re also very lucky to have friends who were always ready to send us relief and other assistance our family needed.
In my next post, I will post photos I have taken during the onslaught of “Habagat” and if anyone would like to share his/her stories and photos in this blog, please do so. Email me at marikenya at yahoo dot com.
It’s still raining hard because of typhoon “Helen,” be safe and stay alert everyone. God bless us all.
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)