This week is examination week for students and among the many who are bent down on reviewing for the exam is my little boy. I am truly thankful that my husband is a hands-on father who takes time to review our son while I’m at work and at my MA class. When I come home, I enforce their review efforts using questioning technique.
As a mother, I have observed that the interest of my son in reviewing for exam is not high and needs a lot of motivation from us parents. As an educator, I know that this reaction is normal and the child should not be blamed for feeling such. Instead, the parents should think of ways on how to motivate the child to study and also help him build study habits and develop his skills in reviewing, such as improving his memory or retention of information, such as giving him activities using best brain teaser puzzles.
Parenting is not an easy task and I have learned to maximize my learnings as a teacher in motivating and helping my son to study well. I am also blessed with a husband who is supportive of our son’s endeavors, academically and non-academically, which makes my parenting task easier.
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)