Is your child a picky eater too (like mine)? Try a fried-rice recipe I concocted yesterday morning for my little boy’s breakfast.
My son is nine (9) and he’s truly a pain when it comes to eating. He would always say he’s full or not hungry even if he has not eaten for a long period of time. He only likes hotdogs, candies, junk foods, and sodas (just like most kids). He would always roll his eyes if you try to make him eat nutritious food and even if you do, you can only make him eat a really small serving, just enough to let him off the hook.
Yesterday morning, I was going to cook for him my usual fried rice with margarine when I saw inside the fridge a small bowl of kernel corn (leftover from yesterday’s menu). My son loves kernel corn sauteed in butter so I decided to include in the fried rice. I also fried meat loaves to go with the rice. When I was done cooking and plating, I called my son to eat and even before he looked at the food, he automatically said “I’m not hungry.” When he caught a glimpse of the fried rice, his eyes bulged and said, “Wow, corn!” He then put a generous serving of the rice on his plate and munched the food happily.
So, I am quite confident that you would strike some luck with your kids on this fried rice recipe. Therefore, I am sharing it with you.
Recipe for Fried Rice in Margarine and Kernel Corn
- Prepare the leftover rice; drench your hand with water and break the rice in small pieces so it would cook well.
- Wash and chop onions.
- In low heat, put a little amount of oil in the pan to cook the onions.
- When the onions turn a little red, drain the pan from oil and put margarine to cook the kernel corn.
- Put some more margarine in the pan and then pour the leftover rice; season it with salt.
- Stir the mix until well done.
- Serve the fried rice with fried meat loaf in an attractive plating where the kids would see the corns on top of the rice.
Like this recipe? Please do tell!
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)