While cleaning our things which we salvaged from the recent flooding (brought by “Habagat,” the Filipino term for monsoon rain), I was fixated with a certificate awarded to our son for winning an art competition. It sadden me that the certificate was soaked and cannot be saved anymore. I hope I was able to keep safe this memoir of accomplishment to show my little boy how much I am proud of him.
Parents like me wish to showcase our children’s accomplishments not only to show others how proud we are of them but also to make them feel that we value their accomplishments, no matter how small. Parents keep soccer trophies, plaques from art competitions, certificates from essay-writing contests and the likes as a reminder of how valuable their children’s accomplishments are, academically and non-academically.
Luckily, we were able to keep dry the prize, a set of expensive art pens, our child won in the competition plus some photos taken during the event. I will miss displaying the certificate in our living room though. Makes me wish we can transfer immediately to a higher location in Marikina so we can protect our valuables from flooding.
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)