Last night, while hanging out with the siblings of my husband, the question popped again twice: “are you not going to have another child?” The questions left all of us silent.
It made me go back to the days when I actually held back on having another child. This was after we lost our second child due to a pre-term labor about eight (8) years ago. The experience was very traumatic for me and after that, I sort of pushed aside the thought of pregnancy again until the last couple of years.
Our son, our only child, has been persistent in convincing us to ‘give’ him a sibling. He even laments that he’s the only one he knows who do not have a sibling. He must be very lonely as an only child: no one to play with, read books with, share good times with, or simply hangout with. This and others reasons made me think, “hey, let me try on that designer maternity jeans, I want to get pregnant again!”
My husband and I talked about the possibility of having another child which thrilled the whole family. Hopefully, I still have not passed my “child birthing” period. A new addition to our family would be a wonderful blessing we would be truly thankful for. With God’s grace, anything is possible.
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
No related posts.
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)