One of the best things about Twitter I like a lot is that even with a weak signal, I can access tweets of those I follow. Among my favorites are the tweets on bible verses which serve as my daily guide for Christian living.
This morning, I was struck with a short bible verse that is nothing but striking:
“Whoever says ‘I love God’ but hates a brother is a liar.” 1 John 4:20
Indeed, a lot of people always recite praises and proclaim love for God, including me. However, we are quick to get angry and quick to condemn. Thus, we still fail to show God we love.
This bible verse from 1 John is an apt reminder that if we wanted to show faith, we must learn compassion, extend our patience, and try very hard to forgive. Easily said but hard to do. But then, let us be reminded by the gospel so we can truly show our God how we praise by loving others.
“My beloved brethren, discern carefully. Let each person be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.” (James 1:19).
Have a blessed day everyone.
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)