More and more city and municipal governments are supporting campaigns on environmental awareness and care. Among them are Cainta, Marikina and Quezon City local government units (LGUs). Local ordinances from these areas mandate the ban or prohibition of plastic bags in malls, department stores, groceries, and in markets.
Thus, shoppers from these areas are advised to bring their eco bags or reusable bags when shopping. For those buying wet goods from the market and groceries such as pork, chicken, beef and fish, you can bring your own plastic food storage box so the seller can directly put inside your purchased goods inside.
Because of the ban, department store and boutiques are now using paper wrappers for packaging. I’m worried about this because at the rate we’re consuming papers now because of the ban of plastic packaging, our trees will soon be gone. Remember that trees don’t grow easily, they take years (at least five) to be full-grown.
I hope that our government would be able to look for a more sustainable solution on the ‘plastic’ problem and not create another problem with the solution.
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)