The Philippine government declared another long holiday this week in remembrance of All Saints’ Day. November 1, which fell on a Thursday this year, is as usual declared as a special non-working day. November 2, Friday, has been declared as an additional special non-working day which gives more time for Filipinos going back to their hometowns to visit their departed relatives and friends as well as a longer time for those who take advantage of the long weekend for vacationing.
The long holiday also provides an opportunity for us busy parents and homemakers to do a major cleanup. Favoring this housework plan is the school semestral break which benefits both me (as a college instructor_ and my kid )whose in elementary). This means I would have more time in my hands, with some help from my little boy, to polish the floors, scrub the walls and organize our stuff. I have been meaning to stash away unwanted fixtures lying everywhere in our living room as well as organize the wire cables with wire ties for a cleaner, dust-free feel.
For those who are leaving their homes to go to cemeteries or for a quick vacation, make sure you leave your homes secured. Unplug electrical appliances and switch off lights and stoves. Double check locks and if you can, ask neighbors to look after your home, especially during the night.
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)