Music soothes the mind, the heart, and the soul. It’s seldom you’ll find a person who doesn’t like music or who hates listening to music.
While I am not musically gifted (since my singing voice is bad and I can’t seem to learn playing any musical instrument), I am a music lover. My choice of music varied as I grow old. When I was a teen up to young adult, I used to love rock music and rock bands. When I became older, my taste in music drifted to pop to soul to praise songs. Listening to mellow songs relaxes me and helps me maintain or have inner peace.
My son is another story though. While people always say he’s my copycat (as in he looks like me, a male version of Marikenya), our taste in music and musical gift are totally different. He likes trendy and upbeat music (although he also has the tendency to like the songs I like, such as ’25 minutes’ of ‘Michael Learns to Rock’ and ‘crazy for you’ by ‘Madonna’), likes playing musical instruments, and has a nice singing voice. Hopefully, he would learn playing classic yamaha guitars so we can sing together, me humming and him playing the guitar while singing.
Music gives that too, the gift of family time enjoying lyrics and chords and smiles along with any tune.
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)