Marikina City is ANTI-POVERTY and ANTI-VIOLENCE against Women!
Marikina is making known to the international community it’s stand on the issue on “violence against women” by joining the worldwide campaign known as ” 1 BILLION RISING” on V-Day.
One Billion Rising to End Poverty and Violence Against Women, a global campaign by women and for women, calls for an end to violence, for justice, and genuine gender equality. The campaign will happen simultaneously on Valentine’s Day or V-Day this February 14, 2013 where one billion women, girls, and the MEN who love and care for them, around the world, are encouraged to walk away from their homes, businesses, and jobs, and join together for a dance revolution that will show their collective strength.
Marikina’s version of “1 Billion Rising” Dance Revolution will happen on February 14, 2013, at 8:00AM at the Marikina “Freedom Park” in front of Marikina City Hall building. The Marikina Freedom Park will once again signify liberty, but this time, for women who will be freed from poverty and all kinds of abuses.
Do you know that one of every three women on the planet will be raped or beaten in her lifetime? (Source: http://onebillionrising.org) If you wanted to say no to this atrocity, you may want to be part of the dance revolution in Marikina on V-Day and together, we shall Strike, Dance and Rise to end poverty and violence against women!
Want Marikenya.com Articles in Your Email Inbox? Subscribe Now!--> If you liked Marikenya.com, the author or her works, you may want to help grow Marikenya's Education Fund for her Son by donating any amount through PayPal or Credit Card by clicking the DONATE button. Thanks!
Be in the Know!
Have Marikenya in your Site…
- Gadget Craze
- Takbo para sa Marikina Watershed 2013
- Sun Cellular, The Good Choice in Postpaid
- Marikina Traffic Advisory on Ka-Angkan Festival Parade 2013
- Safety First: Fire Prevention Tips for Households
- FREE and Popular Addicting Games from Facebook, Android and iOS
- Monday Inspiration
- Divisoria Mall is Closed on Holy Week 2013
- A Musical Summer
- Mall Schedule on Holy Week 2013
- Unexpected Returns of Parenting
- Free Summer Sports Training and Activities for Kids
- Roman Catholic’s New Pope is a Jew and South American
- Responsible Parenting
- Women’s Month 2013 is Celebrated in Marikina!
- about marikina (161)
- blogging (22)
- books (3)
- business (13)
- deals and promos philippines (12)
- education (18)
- family (2)
- famous people (56)
- food trip (23)
- general (544)
- health and fitness (57)
- jobs (22)
- literary (1)
- philippine festivals (7)
- philippine holidays (7)
- photography (9)
- poetry and literature (2)
- relationship (45)
- self-help (51)
- seo (4)
- shopping (58)
- spa services (2)
- technology (55)
- the Filipina (28)
- training (21)
- travel (60)