Cebu is among Philippine’s top destinations. It is dubbed as Queen City of the South and because of its rapid urbanization, the heavy traffic in its busy districts can be liken to Metro Manila already.
Planning to go to Cebu? You may want to visit the places Marikenya visited on her third Cebu trip…
Let the photos walk you through 🙂
- Cebu’s Cordova 10000 Roses is a must-see! Our group traveled far just to reach the farthest part of Cordova from the city proper but the sight of 10,000 white led-lit roses made our trip to Cebu the most memorable. The place is amazingly done and a perfect venue for a romantic wedding proposal. The 10,000 Roses Cafe is at the far end of Cordova Tourism Center in Day-As. Every member of our big group enjoyed our brief stay with the white roses and I’m pretty sure, you’ll do too.
- Cordova’s Lantaw Floating Restaurant is among the places in Cebu where we had a good time food tripping. The best dish I tasted from this restaurant was the seafood dish cooked with buko (coconut) shreds and juice and served in a buko shell. It was sweet and tasty. The couch where we sat to eat our meal was also comfortable and good for hanging out with friends but at the time of our visit, there were just too many restaurant goers that we waited for so long to be served.
- Oslob Cebu whale watching is among Cebu’s top tourist activities. Going to Oslob Cebu from our hotel in Lapu Lapu though took us almost 5 hours. Tip: you cannot get into the boat to have a close encounter with the whales if you put on sunblocks or lotion. It’s totally not prohibited and you will have to pay 2,000 pesos for violating.
- The Sumilon Island day tour swimming and food trip is the highlight of our trip. The Sumilon Island’s best beach is under the management of Bluwater Resort which offers swimming not only at the coastline but also in their infinity pool overlooking the beautiful beach; kayaking at their lagoon or simply taking pictures of the island’s best features. We also had our buffet lunch in the island which was well, a letdown. But the overall experience of being in the island for a day was refreshing.
- The Palm Beach Resort and Spa is a hotel resort that has a breathtaking view of the ocean and has good looking pools fronting the beach. It’s a perfect summer getaway venue for families and friends.
- Let me just mention AA barbecue and Grill where we had one of our dinners. The restaurant serves good barbecues and chicken inasal but what really made us love this place is their Cebu’s Chorizo (more known as longganisa for Metro Manilans). We loved their chorizo so much that we ordered uncooked kilos of them which we brought home back to Marikina. We also ate at Port Pirate-themed Buffet Restaurant at Waterfront Cebu City Hotel where we enjoyed the seafood selection.
- And then finally, we bade Cebu goodbye by tasting its famous lechon from Zubuchon.
This summer is truly amazing and the promise of Mactan Airport that I shall have the Best Cebu Summer Ever is definitely true. Thank you Cebu!
– – – – – – –
GET YOUR FREE REGULAR UPDATES VIA EMAIL!